Lilypie Baby Ticker



#body {width: 480px}

« Home | ...The wedding photo » | ...The wedding dress » | ...Finally.. new post! » | ...Personal Health » | ...Charity » | ...Peyek and Blessing » | ...How does stress affect our health? » | ...Tour in Bangkok » | ...Happy Valentine » | ...Travel to Bangkok » 

dimanche, mars 28, 2010 

...Aek Kanopan

After the wedding, I joined him going back to Aek Kanopan. This was my first time visiting here.
Arriving in Medan, we had lunch first at Nelayan. The specialty is Bola Roti. It tastes soooo good. With the shrimp in it and the bread surrounds it.

Then we started our journey to Aek Kanopan. It is about 5 hours driving from here. We will pass several small towns, like Kisaran, then followed by others place which names starting with Aek, like Aek Batu, Aek Loba, etc. Both side of the road was palm and rubber plant. Since it was late at night, we can’t see much.

Finally we arrived.
Here are what I can tell so far..
This town is quite big especially because of so many plants in it. But therefore, the populations are not high. The people are about 50% Batak and 50% Melayu. Most of them have tan skin. Since my skin is quite light, so when I pass by, everyone will see me, and even they will also stare at the husband whose skin is darker than me.

If they are brave enough to ask, they will ask several questions that we have noted as most frequently asked, like:
- Where are you from?
- So you’re just moving here.
- What are you doing here?
- So you are newly-wed.
- Where are you living here?
- Etc.

And for these, we have prepared our standard answers. Hehe..

Sometimes –actually I would like to say, most of the time- we feel like an alien here. Wherever we go, people will stare at us.
We can’t define yet, whether it’s because of how we dress up, or because of our face, or our skin color, or what.

But living for several days here, I have noted several things which I want to say as the beauty of this town.

Several days ago, we passed by a football field where there were a ‘Pasar Malam’ for children. They played Upin Ipin at the ‘Layar Tancap’. Wowww… I can’t find ‘Layar Tancap’ anywhere nowadays, but I can find it here.

At another moment, we passed by a photocopy shop, the advertisement is ‘Paling Murah… Fotokopi Rp. 200 per lembar’.
Whaatttt!?!? In Bandung, it even will not cost us more than Rp 50 per page. Is the place too far from modernity or the year is not yet 2010?

Another thing is about the language.
Yesterday, we were asked by several people. The questions were just completely similar to what I have mentioned above.
When answering the question about what we are doing here, the husband said that he is working at bank, of course in Bahasa, but the word bank should be spelled like in English (beng). ‘Kerja di beng..’ It just sounds funny to me.

Then another person asked about where we live here. Then the husband said, ‘Di Ledong Timur, di pasar’.
What?! I never know that there is a market nearby our house.
So then I asked him where the market is. He said, ‘Di pinggir jalan besar, itu namanya di pasar, klo pasar, disini bilangnya pajak.’
Oo.. ok.. there you go!

I believe that there are so many unique things that I can share here. So just wait for other posts.

By the way, Happy Birthday for Mama today..
Wish u all the best!

c'est moi

  • I'm deylablushie
  • From Jakarta, Indonesia
  • More About Me... I think you will know once you read my posts.. Thank u for visiting my blog..
plus au sujet de moi

mon humeur en ce moment The current mood of deyla81 at www.imood.com

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates



Click for the latest Jakarta / Soekarno-Hatta weather forecast.


Free Web Site Counters
comme mon invite

say somethin'!!


    Name :
    Web URL :
    Message :
    :) :( :D :p :(( :)) :x

Let's pLay wiTh BlusHie